I suggest you ...

Support for the Share Charm

Windows 8 has the "share" charm which allows cross application sharing. That way I can be browsing a news site and share an article / page / photo from a camera etc. / video in YouTube etc. with another application, like MetroSocial.

You just have to implement the contract and Windows 8 does the rest.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan CrawCourRyan CrawCour shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gary Lynn McClintock Gary Lynn McClintock commented  · 

It seams like the Widows 8 Share charm support could use a little bit More work here.

As it does not always wanted to Share everything like it actually Should here.

So much so. That I have resorted to using Stand alone Programs for FB that is Specifically designed for this Purpose here.

Thanks.

Thought I would just bring this Up here. Because it seamed to Me that the Share Charm was not really fully Integrated into Metro Social here Yet.

Because like I was saying here. It will Work with some Programs and not Others here.

Or it basically just like seamed like it only Worked part of the Time or for Certain programs only here.

To Me.

Yes. I have also had Experience with this New feature in Windows 8 and 8.1 or Rt here to Myself.

But I have also found. That Metro Social does not really seam to have or fully support Integration of this new and very nice Windows 8 and 8.1 or Rt feature here Yet.

Like for example You can share Your location thru Location Share without any Trouble at All.

But the same can not be said for other similar Apps like Share My Location or what ever.

Because Metro Social will usually come up and Say that it is having Trouble sharing Information with Share My Location where does not usually do that.

With Location Share here.

Feedback and Knowledge Base